Skip to main content

BE Advised

The place to go for undergraduate advising in biological engineering

Undergraduate Research

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

While there is so much research going on around Cornell, unfortunately there is no one place to find out about all the undergraduate research opportunities. One typically starts from the BEE faculty web pages and expands into other faculty web pages such as in Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil and Environmental Engineering, and so on. Some other resources are:


You may use up to 4 credits of research taken in an engineering department in place of 1 focus area course towards the 48 engineering credits in category 8.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. Can I do a dual research project with another undergrad? How does grant funding work in that case?

A1. Grant funding typically flows from a faculty member’s lab. If you and your friend can persuade a professor to let you use lab space and lab supplies for your work, no one will stand in your way. Students can also apply for research funding via the Engineering Learning Initiatives program although each proposal must be approved and mentored by a member of the faculty.

Q2. Is there any way to get paid through the Department of Biological Engineering by TAing or doing research? 

A2. For research: talk with the PI (principal investigator) of your lab. For TA-ing: talk with the faculty member in charge of the course. Be sure to mention if you have a work-study option as part of your financial aid.

Skip to toolbar